Monday, April 30, 2007

Just about there.

I go tonight to pick up the food in the fridge, gather the cleaning supplies, and turn off the lights for the last time. It seems sad, knowing that a chapter in my life is just about to close. I have lived in that house, in two different apartments, for a very significant part of my life. I ended my Bachelor's there. I fumbled with my life, then decided to do my Master's. I completed the Master's there. I ended one job, did some research, and started a new job while living there. I had 4 different roommates, some for a very short time, others for longer.

I am...sad to leave it, and excited. I am slightly scared, but mostly anticipating the next chapter of my life. I have all my things at the new house, and I've begun the sorting and putting away process. Things are going in the trash, and sometimes those things are mementos. It is hard to get rid of them, like throwing away a piece of my past, but I can't keep it all. I have to be choosy. What to keep and what to recycle/throw away. I know I will always have the memories, but will a physical reminder help keep the memory strong? Without something tangible, will it fade away?

I look at this blog, and where it's taken me. All the way from my first apartment to my first house. Yet, as things go on, is this the forum for me? Will I keep writing here or shall I write somewhere else? Will changing the blog title really change anything? I want to keep writing, but does anyone even read this? Would it be better to start with my paper journal again, or is that just another thing I should put in a box on a shelf to read another day?

Don't mind my waxing eloquent on the blog, and the chapters of my life. I'm tired. I moved for 12 hours on each day of this weekend, as well as preparing for a major presentation today at work. I also have errands to run at lunch, and my brother is back from Canada and I'd like to see him today or tomorrow. It seems lately my life is in hypermode, with not enough time to do all that I'd like.

Hopefully, sometime very soon, life will slow down a bit, so I can just relax and enjoy it.

No comments: