Friday, February 13, 2009

Tomorrow is Climbing Comp Day

Tomorrow is Climbing Comp Day! I feel nervous, it's ridiculous! Why should I be nervous? I know I'm not out to win the thing, just see what I can accomplish and have a ton of fun....or perhaps that a tonne of fun. Trevor is doing it, and another of his coworkers. A different coworker is volunteering. We'll all spend the day together enjoying music, friendship, and climbing.

Tonight is organization night! We did move the bookshelf in the office from one side of my desk to the other. It does open up that space, like I thought it would. Right now we have a small file cabinet in that big space, but I think that might change. Uncertain. Tonight I have to put everything back on the bookshelf, and finish cleaning up the stuff on the floor and organizing it. Once that is done we can move some of the things in the upstairs to the downstairs, and while we're doing that we can do some laundry. I'll give the upstairs a good vacuum and dust and hopefully clean the bathrooms tonight too. After all, tomorrow is Climbing Comp Day, and I won't want to be bothered with cleaning when I return to the house, exhausted, at the end of the day.

Sunday I plan to do some more organizing, downstairs perhaps, and also some studying. Next week I'm taking a 40 hour review course for the certification exam (for Industrial Hygiene). I am eligible, I think, for the exam this fall. This test is to my field like the PE exam is for engineers. The test is very hard, and only about 35 to 40% of people pass on their first go-round. I intend to be one of those. So, from this weekend until November, I will be dedicating a good portion of my time to studying nights and weekends. It's going to feel like I'm back in school again. Anyone up for 'study dates'??!

No comments: