Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Funny Happenstance of the week:

Friday when I was home, my brother told me that some guy named Matt had left a note on his car, saying they should train for biking together, he should call him. At the end of the note, it said, have your sister call me too. My curiosity was aroused. He thought it was a different Matt, but as I had never heard of that one, I asked if it was a Matt I've known since I was in 8th grade and he in 7th. He wasn't sure, but had to leave, and told me he'd find the note later. I said ok. --skip ahead to that night-- I was headed out to Wertle's with my mom and dad, as stated in the entry below, and when I got back the note was sitting on the counter. I was like, hm, worth a shot, so I called, got the machine, and left a message. I had drank a bit more than I planned, enough to make me tired, not enought to be drunk in any fashion, so after one more cider (hehe) I went to bed. Matt called at 12:30, but Troy answered the phone and didn't think I was awake, so he took a msg.

Saturday, I called Matt back, and left a msg. with my cell number, and went and did my stuff. That night, he called back...ok Pat called, using the number he got from Matt, and I had to spend some time trying to think of his name, cause he wouldn't give it to me, and I haven't seen him since senior year of high school, aka 4 yrs, and he was a sophomore then. So I talked to him, and then to Matt, and then to Pat, and we made plans to do something later, whenever that would be. After watching the Banger Sisters, I got a call back, and Matt was coming to pick me up to go to Jerry's house in about 10 min. NO warning. I got ready in a flash. Between Matt calling back and the movie, I had gotten ahold of Katie, and was going to meet them dancing later that night, so I had to do something that fit the both sitting at someone's house, and going out genre. Matt got there, and I asked him if he wanted to go out dancing too, and he was game, so we went to Jerry's for a bit. Jerry is married with a daughter now, and a year or 2 yougner than me...weird...

After his place for a while, we went to Matt's to get dancing clothes, then out downtown. Met Katie and Jenny A. and Mike and Nate, and went to Kittner's for a shot, and then to the Velvet Room, where we couldn't enter right away cause some girl had passed out and the medics were getting her out. Then we went in there, had another drink, and danced a bit. All but Matt and I left to go back to Mike's, and Matt and I went on to Maloney's for darts and more drinks. We stayed there til bar time, and then headed back to my place. His car was there, so he got his car, and we told each other we'd be in touch, and that was that. Whether or not we are, that is the question. He's great to hang with, but I think activities are better--like bike rides and such, rather than "going out" to the bars or something. I grew up, he didn't. And to think, I had a crush on him in 8th grade. Oh well, GOOD thing that's gone:) He's in Plattville or GB, and I'm in MN. Not likely to see each other again in a good long time. Still, it was nice to play catch up, learn about the old Gang.

Lesson learned....People from your past can pop up when you least suspect them too, and it's not always a bad thing.

No comments: