Monday, March 17, 2003

What Glorious Weather!

I was outside all weekend, well, I tried to be. On Friday I went climbing, and then to Lance's to watch a movie. Saturday, I was actually able to sleep in, not something I have done in a while, and then I cleaned my car--inside and out. Then I decided my room needed to be rearranged and a new curtain put up, so I did that. Then I went the hockey game-Gophers vs. Mich. Tech. Huskies. Gophers kicked bum, and it was a great game to watch! Got home and Anna was over for the weekend so she and Jen and I drank cosmopolitans and talked girl talk. Great good fun.

Sunday I got up and went to REI to get new climbing shoes. They are green, and 4 cm smaller than my old ones (about 1 3/4 in smaller for you English Unit people) They fit really tight, and it's going to be *fun* to break them in (ouch my poor feet) but once they are broken in, I'm really going to enjoy them. Much nicer fit than my old ones. Lance and Will helped me to pick them out, since I'm still new at this whole gear getting thing. We looked at other camping stuff for the trip this summer, and then it was such a beautiful day we decided to go hiking at Afton. It was a nice hike, but really really muddy. We climbed some trees, and then threw rocks at the ice on the river trying to break it. We had enough rocks piled in one area to weigh more than the three of us combined, and still it didn't break, but I didn't really expect it to. (geek that I am, I had already mentally decided what types of forces we would need to break said section of ice, and we just weren't applying them). Got back to Lance's and then headed to Nate's eat brats on the Grill, and salad. Watched Office Space (I love that movie) and then went home and to bed. All in all a nice weekend.

No comments: