Tuesday, March 25, 2003

Spring Break Ends...School Again

Another week has passed, and so there are more stories to tell. Last week was spring break. I worked. (Some break, huh) I climbed, (nothing new there), and I went home for the weekend. At first, I wasn't going to. I then found out I could get into the doctor I needed to see. (No worries, I'm not dying) So, away to GB I went. It was an interesting weekend. I had a nice evening with my parents Friday, after going to the doctor. We went to Wertle's and got fish...yummy. I had scallops actually, and lots of amaretto sours and grasshoppers. Then Saturday I went climbing at Vertical Stronghold with Mo, and we saw an interesting sign with a cowboy on it that had cactus around it on the way to Appleton, and she thought it was advertising lingerie. I still have to get back to her on that one. Find out what it was really advertising. Climbed some stuff there I used to have issues with…and found some new evil routes. Brian is an evil route setter, worse than Andy at VE. There were a few groups of boy scouts there who thought that Mo and I were hot. Yup, we’re now getting hit on by the 11-16 year olds. Man do I feel OLD!!! Oh well, they were funny, because I remember groups of girls my age (and dare I say, me included) pulling the group, “our friend likes you” game. So we laughed and tried not to hurt their feelings, after all, it’s not often you have a group of 10-12 boys (of any age) doting on you. : P

I went shopping with my mom when I got home from climbing, though we didn’t have much time cause my aunt and uncle stopped. I did manage to find a pair of shorts to use for climbing and a new swimsuit for the summer, one piece, for play. My other one had…elastic issues. It was 8 years old though, so it deserves retirement. That night I ate supper with Mom and Dad and we watched The Banger Sisters. It was a good movie, not really what I expected, but still good. My mom wasn’t expecting it either, but what can I say, she should have expected it with a name like "Banger Sisters" and she did see the preview. They are off to Montana this week, so while I go to school and take tests, they get to ski and go to the pubs and have fun. :( I wish!!! I got back to MN later Sunday afternoon, and decided I needed to go do something, so Jen and I went to go see Bringing Down the House. It was a good movie, exactly what I needed for my mood, nothing to think about--just mindless comedy. I enjoyed it.

Monday I finally got my um, bum, in gear and got my passport, my international student card, and my plane ticket for London this May. More about that later, when I have more details. The dates are nailed down now though, Leave Tuesday May 20, come back Thursday June 5, two weeks and a bit more of hiking, touring, site seeing, and fun in England, Scotland, and Ireland. That reminds me, I have to get in touch with the “cousins” in Ireland and see if they will be around. I’d like to meet them.

No comments: