Monday, September 15, 2003

"She's Everything to me, I'll bet she's 23"

That would be a lyric from a little ditty called Candycane by Down and Above. Always was one of my fav dancing-to-and sing-alonging-to songs. Yup, this weekend I turned 23. It's a bit odd, I don't feel older--other than the sense of impending doom that nags whenever I think of that life-after-school thing. I chilled with Katie and Chris and Lance for my b-day. Friday night Katie, Lance and I had chicken and fried potatoes and steamed veggies for dinner before having a few drinks and watching Superman, which Chris joined us for. Then it was a late night to bed. I took a benadryl for my snuffy nose and was promptly groggy and fast asleep at the same time! Saturday was for a bit of shopping and then it was out to eat to Old Chicago and then to watch Count of Monte Christo with Chris and Katie. Then sunday I watched the Packer game --GO PACKERS (yay for beating the Lions) -- and then I want to dinner with Katie and Chris before Katie went home again. All in all a good weekend. I was pleased.

Now, for the pleasure of all who read, here are the lyrics to Candycane

Bare feet in the grass she watches as I pass
I turn around, she looks away
Twinkle in her eye the color of the sky
I want to wrap myself around her
She's everything to me
I'll bet she's 23
I know that she's the one
Can't live without you dream about you all my life
Dancing in the rain and licking a candycane
I just can't walk away
Daisies in her hair, laughs without a care
I think she's beautiful

(you can listen to other dna songs here

No comments: