Friday, September 19, 2003

Today Prime Minister, Tomorrow...

Head of the entire class? Yeah, in my Poli/sci class we did an excercise where we had to run for office and then, since I ran for a legislative type position, and I'm calling our legislative body parliment, cause I can, and I was "speaker of the house" for my "parliment" that makes me Prime Minister! Call it creative license, or maybe political license, heaven knows most political leaders try to bite off more than they are allowed to chew. But I didn't. I was a good prime minister, I kept order, yelled at the interlopers, and got a decent immigration policy passed through in our 20 minute 'legislative session'. It kept most of what I wanted--I mean--what was good for the people, and made all the (5) political parties of Trumania happy...ok, only 4. There was this whole gripe about actually having Trumanian blood. But we couldn't have that. That's...well....yeah.

At one point, I got a bit snippish with the TA. She kept interupting my legislating team to ask if people from the class could immigrate to my--errr--our country. I got the vote to say yes. After all, more citizens means more people trying to find work and out of our recession...well, there is a bit more complexity there, and it also involves Beer--but that is another story. So, I told her to stop interupting...so did some of my other parlimentary members. SHe told us in real life interuptions happen all the time. I told her that In real life we'd table it to the next legislative session.

I decided I make a great world leader, even if I am only head of a fake government in one third of a class. You have to start somewhere, right?

No comments: