Thursday, February 12, 2004

A basketball will take over the world

Or at least, she will try. Yes, it was a she. A face, though with features not that discernable, a feminine face protruding from the side of a basketball. The baskeball/globe flew. It had powers. There were planes in the sky, above the tall buildings I stood between. The basketball, which had now turned white, all white, even the face, flew above me. It called the planes down upon the buildings the way some mystic mage might call down the lightenings. The planes, mostly of military persuasion, would just stop working, and then come crashing down upon the buildings. There are people running now, for their lives and for their sanity. They are tying to get away from the planes falling from the sky like some mechanical destructive rain. I had the power to stop them though. I stood on a hill, looking over one tall building and up into the sky. I could use my mind to keep the planes from hitting anything close by. They would fall, but they wouldn't fall into my tall buildings. I looked around at my city. It reminded me a bit of one of the cities used in Rogue Squadron -the origional for PC. Maybe from level 4, the rememberence is fleeting and I can't place it now. I looked back up into the sky, and bent my will on the planes. The white basketballed face is glowering at me, no longer laughing. Had I mentioned it was laughing at me before, at my futility to stop it? It laughed no longer. I had the trick of it now, and I was stronger.

The planes have stopped falling from the sky, so now we're going to go skiing. Why not? I like to ski. I'm at the ski hill with my brother, and my cousins, and some friends. We are sitting in the snow at the top of the hill. I can still persuade things to happen, Planes aren't falling, but snow is. The sun is out too. Funny how things happen that way. The runs are groomed well, my skis are gone though, I'm skiing on my feet. I'm going down a really steep run too, and the snow is gone. It's like I've past the snowline. I know I don't have to worry about the almost vertical drop down boulders and over a little stream. I'll make it down to my cousin's minivan alive. I land, and everyone is happy. I've shown my power subtlely. We are driving to a new ski hill now. Just my brother and my cousin and I. There is a driver, he/she is not important but only our way to the new place. We get there, and the runs are impossibly steep, the terrain is impossibly difficult, it's like a mountain-a real mountain- just appeared in the middle of the midwest. Odd? Nope, the answer is we are no longer in the midwest, just somewhere like it. The ski hill is an experimental hill, where they try out new runs and new grooming equipment and styles. We get out of the van and go up the ski lift. We sit at the top, admiring the view, the city in the distance, the very blue sky with no planes falling. Somewhere out there, the white faced basketball is hiding. She has been defeated. I'm going back to the lodge, where I can meet people for dinner. I think we're having peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

No comments: