Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Mexican food is worse than turkey ...

I spent the weekend doing nothing unlike the last post, where I said I’d be productive. Ok, I was kind of productive. I put some episodes of InuYasha in order on some tapes, so Katie could catch up. I cleaned up my room. I slept and read. I talked to people on the phone. Soon it will be time to get serious. Notice how I didn’t say “right now.” Yeah. I’m all about maybes and whithertos and whyfores. After the first half of this semester, I believe I have earned some leisure time. To bad I won’t be able to use it. I really do have too much to do. I will be house/dog sitting for a coworker for a week and a half, so I figure I’ll have time to do some homework while I’m over there – just me and the dog. Said house has a hot tub, so at least I’ll be able to soak out my aches and pains. I’ll be getting exercise too, as I plan on taking the dog for a walk every day. Maybe we’ll even go running! The most excellent of Thai restaurants lives up in that area as well. I will probably eat there at least twice (which is at least 4 meals…they make a lot of food).

I am really tired today. Another of my coworkers is leaving our section for a different job at the agency, and today was the Official Farewell Luncheon. We went to the Capital View Café – excellent food. They specialize in breakfast, but have lunch foods as well. Mexican American. My whole section is dragging right now. No one has the energy to move. It’s quieter in here now that it has been for ages. Plus, when we got back here, there was cake. I had to find some caffeine just to stay awake. Tonight I may go blading, otherwise perhaps for a walk or run outside. I can’t decide. It’s so nice out, it’s hard to justify staying inside.

What I really need now is a short nap.

No comments: