Monday, March 07, 2005

One more week…until spring break

I just love this time of year. You can have a 60 degree, sunny, gorgeous spring day and wake up to snow and bitter winds the next. I’m convinced the reason that most Midwesterners are fickle and can’t take a strong point of view on anything is that they grew up learning from the weather. If you don’t like it (or anything here) just wait 10 minutes. Chances are it will change.

Last week we learned just how annoying certain cable companies can be. I really do need to have internet access at home for school purposes…it was not useful to have six days of, “we’re really not sure what’s wrong, except that someone made an open ticket on your account, and until it’s closed, we can’t let you sign on. Terribly sorry about all that, why don’t you call back tomorrow morning and see if anyone has gotten off their high horse and pushed a button. Can we help you with anything else?” On top of that, my computer hiccupped. After a reformat, and some hacking, I managed to get most of my files back off my hard drive, but I had to spend 4 or 5 hours reinstalling programs and doing the nice updates to windows. Did I mention I had a cold? It was lovely, really. Despite all that, it really wasn’t too bad of a week. I managed to finish most of the organizational stuff in the new room, and Katie and I have settled into our new place. We’re set for the next two months, at which point she’ll be moving back up to Three and Jenny will be moving into Two with me.

At least next week is spring break. It should give me a chance to catch up on a few assignments, and prepare for the new class I start (accelerated, and lasts from after spring break until the end of the semester). I applied for an internship in my field for the summer, so fingers crossed that I get that. Now I just need to find that scholarship application I set somewhere safe so I wouldn’t lose it during the move. I just wish that safe places in my house were not also invisible.

No comments: