Saturday, November 01, 2003

Super

The super-saturn is once again super. Today, with Lance's help, she got an oil change, more power steering fluid, more coolant/antifreeze, and a new serpantine belt. The serpantine belt was a chore. I found out that my hands fit very well into the engine compartment, so I did most of the putting on of the belt, but it still took two of us, and two belts--the idiot at pepboys gave us the wrong one at first. So, after struggling with that one and cutting my hands up, we went back and got the right one. Amazing how much easier that one was. Once we got the thing around the crank shaft--poof, it was on. Then Lance grilled stakes while I made acorn squash and fried potatoes with mushrooms and onion and pepper, and a bit of my finger (not realy, but it was a near miss). Oh, don't worry it's still all attached. I was cutting the pepper and cut through my thumb to the bone. BUt, it's a thin cut even though deep, and it's my left thumb, so I don't use that one while typing :P Always thinking of my blog, yeah, that's right. So, all is well. I simply put down the knife and calmly asked Lance for a bandaide. He then ran around looking for one while I bled all over since there were no napkins to stop the bleeding with. It worked out though, I didn't season the food with my finger really, it didn't start bleeding til I was well away from the pepper. I really need to have a chit chat with the knives of this world and see just why, exaclty, they have it in for me. Oh well, now I'm off to clean my room.

No comments: