Thursday, March 18, 2004

Oiled in Bed

Or rather Boiled in Lead. Their name seems to morph every time I see them. Once they were Boiled in Led Zepplin. Another time, the guy just couldn't get "Boiled in Lead" past his lips and through his tongue. Oh well. Whoever they think they are, I think their great. Too bad they only play twice a year (that I know of) in town...

Last night was the Annual St. Patties Day show at 1st Ave. The opening act was ok, but I wouldn't buy their cd any time soon. The Tim Malloys were as good as ever, and the Minnesota Pipes and Drums were at their peak...we just couldn't see the dancers because there were too many bodies and heads in the way. Someone still has to explain to me what kilts, bagpipes and St. Patty's Day have to do with each other. So, Boiled in Lead came out and played a very rockin set. I have never seen them 'electrical' rather than 'acoustic'. It was interesting, and different, and much higher energy and good. I had a good time jumping around and dancing. All in all it was a good show!

No comments: