Sunday, March 28, 2004

A weekend of Rock!

Yes, a good weekend was had by me. Friday night I went to the Down and Above/Skywynd show at UW Stout. It was fun, but really lacked energy for dna. People didn't know them, or something, and so stood around like so many bumps on a log. Chris and I got our rock on, trying to provide an example...but it was all for naught. Then Skywynd came on, and there were these four, shirtless, incredibly funny headbanging fans right next to me. I guess they are regulars, but I've never seen them with their shirts off before. (eek!) They had markered S-K-Y-W-Y-N-D-! on themselves two letters each, and were having great fun. It's great to see people having that much fun at a show. The whole crowd got into it music, and the 4 compadres got to go up on stage and be recognized. There were sound issues, but they were more amusing that annoying (to me, I'm sure the band was pissed). I just wish that that much energy could have been given over to dna as well.

Yesterday I went rollerblading, and realized my blades are a bit small. I have really nice blades too (anyone want a pair or size seven Rollerblade Aero 9's for half price?!?) I have to get new ones before the marathon, and before I kill my feet training for said marathon. I only went nine miles, and my feet were killing me. Then I went to Ciatti's w/ Rachel for dinner, and showed her what her present of Birthing Day would be. we have to go do the shoping for it today.

Then last night was the Somerset/Quietdrive/Down and Above show at the Rock in Maplewood. Much better sound, much better energy! Since we stood over by Ian on Friday, we had to stand by Dave last night--gotta share the love, and all that. I got my rock on and definately enjoyed hearing all the old favs plus my new fav's from the as-yet-unrealeased new albumn, Anodyne. After chattin with peeps for a bit we left the Rock and hung out w/ some more peeps and I got some really nice scotch. This makes me happy! *sigh* now it's Sunday, and I have to do homework and get back to my boring life.

No comments: