Thursday, March 25, 2004

So Hard to Find

So many things...So hard to find. Today for instance. I was trying to find the place that the show I'm going to tomorrow night is located. U of WI, stout. Not hard to find. Then the building on campus, not hard, then the showtimes and cost, again...not hard. It was kinda like playing detective. But then, I finally had an idea where to start.

I also had to find a picture to put into my frame today. I wanted it to be a picture from the trip to Europe that Rachel and I took last may. (Oh, do I want to go back...more on that later...) Finding the right picture was so hard to find. I had about 8 choices, till I realized the frame looked silly vertical. It was fine horizontal. so my choices were down to about 4 or 5
Two just didn't fit, so I had three. Then there three that each had their benefits. The forest picture was vibrant green, but not much else. The castle across the lake was pretty, and brought out the silver in the frame, but it was kinda dark. The picture from Edinburgh of the hike we went on to Aurthur's Seat ? (Brain fart on names) was what I finally decided on. See it's a quote frame, with the quote saying, "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." from Henry David Thoreau. So, the path up into the hills with the yellow flowers just fit. Specially cause, off to one side, so you almost don't notice it, is me walking on said path. Rachel helped with the decision.

I also finally got the picture of me and my family from my graduation into the frame I had for it. I did a sucky job of cutting the picture though. I was doing ok, and then I screwed up. Oh well, it's not terrible.

So now all I need is a picture book for the rest of my England trip pictures, and a plane ticket back there. Wow. I can't believe how much wanderlust I have right now. I'm not sure it's even wanderlust. I just have a profound NEED to be there right now. In Wales, hiking on Snowdon, or in Ireland in one of the many parks...or a trip to the Scottish Highlands. I need to be away from here. I don't even think that Colorado's mountains would do it for me right now. To bad it's spring over there too. *sigh* I shouldn't have looked at my pictures, and having that picture in that frame only drives home what I'm not doing right now. I'm not living the life I have imagined right now. I am living part of it...but. I don't know! I don't know how to describe what I'm feeling right now. A deep longing, and a wish I would have made more of the time I had there. I had a lot on my mind, and though I don't have any regrets, there was some time when I was there that I was wishing I was elsewhere--mostly when on the train, and mostly I was wishing I was doing something rather than sitting. GRRR! I'm having issues with describing what I want to right now. I spose I will just say I need another vacation, and I wouldn't mind going back to last year's choice of locations and seeing what I couldn't then.

Anyone up for coming with me? This summer? I can probably raise the money for a trip later in the summer. I think I just need spring to finally get here.

No comments: