Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Bad Munchinstein

Munch, my first computer, sadly got taken apart for parts, and rebuilt. Munch 2, or Munchinstein, as I like to call him, has been doing his thing for a term or so now. Now, the Munch Monitor, which hadn't changed, is doing jigs while I type. The edges sway, the picture jiggles....it's like I'm in a constant state of "degauss". Not very comfy on the eyes, let me tell you! I think I'll need to find a monitor for "very cheap" that has good video capabilities. I have a good video card afterall, and I'd not like to waste it. I am wondering if a virus of some kind could make my comptuer do this. I may have to install the virus software again. (I can't keep it installed cause it has issues with my A drive. they don't play nicely together at all). Probably though, it's cause my monitor is (eek) 5 years old, and in computer years, that's like being Eleventy One (111) years old.

Oh well. Not something I'll worry about til I have a paper due the next day and suddenly the Munchinstein blows up. At least it's not a constant state of the jigglies yet. It's just getting worse.

No comments: