Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Back

I am back from GB. I didn't get as much done there as I'd wanted. I had wanted to work on my thesis and have it in finished form when I returned. Not so much. I ended up only looking at it briefly. My papa had surgery, it went well, but I was acting nurse so I didn't have time to work on it....or the time I had was distracted. I did manage to clean out the stuff in my closet in my old room. I also managed to go have fun. I went to X3 with Jenni and Chad and to coldstone after. I went out by Shona and her horses two days. One day to just feed and pet and see the new setup (new place she's boarding), and the second day to work one, ride one, and give baths to two. (there are three that she owns, and a fourth she works) I had a great ride though I'm excessively sore today (second day after). I rode her 26 year old mare who still has the energy of a 5 yr old, but has the 'old nag' gaits. She really tries, and if you get her to collect she's still pretty smooth...but her pace feels...old. I don't know how else to describe it. She used to be smooth as water and she isn't anymore. Horseriders will know what I mean.

I also went and earned my motorcycle temps. Thus is born Team Fall Down Motorcycle Club. Myself and Karin as founding members and presidents for life. We have one honorary member other than us. I have to sign up to take the course tomorrow, and go shopping for a spiff helmet, jacket, and chaps (yes chaps...I want some). Then I went riding with Joe and my cousin Mark on seperate days. I think I like being the driver better than the rider, but riding is a good way to watch hawks.

Hm, other things happened too, but I want to drink my mohito (drink roommate made) and watch Buffy. ta.

No comments: