Saturday, May 20, 2006

Where'd I go?

I've been to Chicago for a conference. I presented the poster-of-many-a-bitching-blog. It went well. I met fun people, learned a bunch, and gave blood. You may wonder why this rates so high on the list of things I did.

Until just Wednesday, when said blood was donated, I did not know if I could. Every time, in the past, that I tried I would pass out. I decided after giving it a go three times, that my body only makes enough blood for itself and had not learned to share. Now, a few years later, my body has learned that age-old kindergarden lesson, and I gave a pint of the ole b-positive to the Red Cross.

After which I decided that I'd earned a pint...or 5. (oops...I believe the nice Red Cross volunteers gave me a sheet in which I was supposed to avoid alcohol and drink water for a while after. I think I ignored it. Really I think it was the nice people buying me alcohol in the first place that ignored it. I just played along. Yup.)

But anyway, back to the conference. The poster went over well, and I have many people interested in my poster and potential manuscript. I have to email them tomorrow. I went to some entertaining and informative sessions, and ignored the ones I felt wouldn't be. Actually, I didn't get to go to all the ones I wanted, but I tried. I missed a good portion of a committee meeting because I had a dinner meeting, but caught the end of it, and then went out after (said 5 pints, mentioned above) with the people from the meeting.

Thursday I relaxed, went to the Art Institute of Chicago to see the impressionist paintings, and did some shopping. Chocolate and smelly body stuff, very girly I know. Then I flew back to the TCs. Now I'm in the process of cleaning my room and deciding what clothes to put on to go dancing. I should really go dry my hairs before they end up in the 'poof' style.

No comments: