Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Adventures in Dreamland

I had an interesting night while sleeping last night. It started before I could go to sleep. I went to bed, curled up intending to fall straight to sleep (we all know how well that works...) and promptly felt sick. It was the beginning of a allergy/asthma/anxiety attack (not sure which, but they all have the same symptoms...tummy ache, then tummy discomfort leading to sickness, then no ability to breath, then chills, then tiredness - which I can usually not fall back asleep because of the inhaler I've used). So, I waited in the warm bed as long as I could, the got out, got cold, took care of attack, and went back to bed.I finally got back to bed - over an hour later than I had started - and I lay there trying to sleep. I don't know how much later it was, but I had the strangest dreams.

My dream started with me knowing I had to go get something from Lambeau Field. I don't know now what it was, only that it was small enough to go in my pocket, extremely important, and it was my job to break it and get it from the bad guy who was there keeping it. In order to do this I had to go through the Country Club. Whose, I have no idea. But I snuck in through some lady's subterranean office. Then, on the theory that if I acted like I was supposed to be there, noone would stop me, I walked right out onto the golf course and walked up the cart path all the way to Lambeau. Don't ask me bow the Stadium and the Country Club were connected, they just were. I went into the stadium, onto the field, and sat on the sidelines watching the game. I then explained to the kicker the strategies of kicking the ball through the uprights....believe me, this wasn't your normal strategy. It involved math, and some sort of device on the side lines...I went over to Mr. Favre, asked for the game ball (why he had it during the game when the other team's offense was on the field is also beyond me). I then used said game ball in some form of experiment in which the other players jerseys turned bright pink. I decided that was the cue to get what I came for, and left promptly.

Then came the fun part, going back through the Country Club in order to get the object (whatever it was) safetly to wherever I was taking it. (strange what details a dream keeps in and out). I walked through the golf course OK, and picked up a partner along the way. I don't know who, but I kept explaining we had to act casual, and then noone would suspect us. (this statement comes into play later as well). We went into the club house, down the stairs and into the pool room (the game, not the water). There were Gladiators there. Not the nice, Roman kind, but the 80's American Gameshow kind. One of the chicks was very built, with blonde hair, and a pool cue. She was about to shoot. I nodded at her as though I belonged and continued - taking particular care not to do anything that would make me have to do The Eliminator to get back the way I came. I instantly knew it was her office I had come through to get this far, and had to go back through to get out. We went through the rest of the rec room's worth of Gladiators (they were wearing regular clothes, not their outfits from the show), and snuck back into the office area when it was safe. Somehow on the golf course I had gotten mud on my hands, so I had to use the water by her door to clean them, then use the towel I had confiscated to clean the muddy water, then hide the towel. I had to do all that so I could open the door without making mud.

I went in, closed the door, and went back out the office window up onto ground level...and ended up on a Spaceship. My companion had become Chewbacca. We were having a converstation as to what to do now with the object...I still don't know what it was, and I needed desperately for him to keep his voice down. That didn't work and he was caught. I escaped and he told me to go run for something, I think a stun gun, to get him free...and then I woke up.

I have no idea why I have dreamed such a dream. I just wish I would have gotten more sleep.

No comments: