Monday, April 07, 2003

I should really write more…

Another week has gone by since my last entry. I thought about writing last week, but it just didn’t seem to happen. Funny how being completely overwhelmed with about 8 million things to do and needing to finish a few of them by a deadline can sidetrack a person :P I finished my design project for Nieber’s Water Management Engineering class, and when we turned it in, he gave us the handout for the next one. This, on top of senior design, the Fundamentals of Engineering exam (that 8 hour long, final from every class I’ve ever had monstrosity), finishing my Independent/Distance learning class, and trying to finish 4 other classes worth of work by May 9. I don’t know how I’m going to do it. I think very soon I’m going to just disappear for a month or so. (I wish, for some reason, I couldn’t do that now…hehe) I do know this next month will be crazy with homework. I refuse to give up Climbing, and time with friends, and sleep to get this all done. I’ll manage, I always do, but right now I’m feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Speaking of time with friends, it was a good week/weekend. Last Tuesday it was actually nice out, so I went biking with my friend Chris, and we went over to the locks and went hiking, climbing and scrambling over the trails there. Monday, Wed, and Friday I went climbing, and Friday night I went out to “Z’s” afterwards. It’s a bar on campus, and it was fun. Mark and Karin, Jessie and Alan (? I still keep messing up his name) and Berlie were all came, and Will met us after work. We ate appetizers and Berlie and I kept a count on how many times Will was a bastard. I think we hit 20. Saturday I did homework, and then went to Lance’s for a Shakespearean mystery dinner. Murder Mystery. I was Mary, Queen of Schnapps. I great role, and one I had fun playing. We ate a wonderful dinner, and I only destroyed one cork on a wine bottle. It was quite amusing actually, I didn’t mean to, but Lance’s Corkscrew didn’t like me, and in our disagreement, we ruined the innocent bystanding cork. Just as we were about to try to solve this dilemma, Will arrived and was put in charge of fishing out cork from the bottle. Poor boy. I’m no longer allowed to open bottles of wine. That’s the only time I’ve ever done that too. Oops **insert cute, sweet, and innocent look with somewhat evil grin here** Sunday Lance, Erin, Will, and I went ice-skating, and I only landed on my bottom once. I wasn’t even skating at the time. I just sat down, yup, that is my explanation. After skating Will and I went to dinner and a movie, I finally got him to go see Chicago with me, instead of “waiting for VHS”, though I had help with the convincing of him :P Great movie, I recommend it to all, though I knew I would like it. I had better get back to actually working on homework, so I can have a nightlife this week/weekend. Saturday is V-ball (I’ll link this later) so I have to get a lot done now.

No comments: