Saturday, April 22, 2006

Around the Dome Quickly

Today's the day of the Rollerdome Inline Marathon. As Karin and I decided we didn't want to go cheerfully insane going in circles, we are only going to do the half marathon. That should only provide us with moderate loopiness. Our goal is to do it in 4 minute miles or less, putting us under 52 minutes. I have to finish getting ready for said race, then head to the library to pick up another book I had on reserve. (I know I don't have time for it this weekend...but I don't care :P )

Our start time is somewhere after 3:30 but before 3:35. If you want to cheer us on, parking is free and there will be a spectator area. Just remember to cheer for "Team Fall Down" as we go flying past. Our colors are black and blue.

**Update: Karin and I finished in about 53:46 sec and :48 seconds. You can click here to see the full results if you are interested. We thought there was this mixup with the lapcounter (IE we felt we did an extra lap or two) but I think it was us going moderately loopy. It's all right now. We finished 4th and 5th of the women in the half marathon. Too bad we couldn't make the top three. Oh well, next race. It was fun, and today (Sunday) my bottom is the muscles sore. I'll have to see if I can fit in a run or a walk later today to help with the soreness.

No comments: