Sunday, April 02, 2006

I refuse to get sick

They say it's mind over matter. They say that one's attitude can affect one's health. Well, they, I'm putting that to the test. I say I won't be sick for two more months. I say that I'm going to remain positive and upbeat about finishing my degree, my project, my poster for the conference, and my thesis. I say I'm going to find a job. All of this requires me to NOT BE SICK. So I'm not getting sick. I am no longer going to have chills, or a sore throat, or a dizzy head. I will not be mastered by fatigue. There will be no ear aches and no head aches. Note to self.

I had a great weekend, I went to see A Whisper in the Noise and Arab Strap play a beautiful and gratifyingly long show on Friday night. Saturday I accomplished most of my errands and went dancing until Daylight-Spring-Ahead-Time. I had such a great time out that I didn't return home until 5:30AM. Was up again by 10:30 or 11 because I couldn't sleep (why can't I sleep when I have the time, and want to sleep more when I don't???). I spent today cleaning and sort of studying and chillin w/ my roommate. Unfortunately the great weekend meant a minimum of sleep and I'm starting this week in a deficit.

Still, remain positive, eat my vitamins, drink plenty of tea, and chill. I'll not be sick. I can do this. I've done it before. Not become sick because I said so. I'm a fast healer too. Unless this is one hell of a bug (or allergies, I haven't found a successful way to completely beat THOSE. Nope, allergies kick my bum every year, all year...) I won't be taken down. This is me, standing with my back to the proverbial wall, in attack stance ready to fight.

No comments: