Tuesday, December 09, 2003

SNOW!!!!!

Oh, how I love that white powdery substance. It's great as a weapon, and art form, a beverage (though a VERY small one) on the tip of your tongue, and for writing songs about. It's cold bite is warmer than the harsh edge of a winter's night, and affords delight in the form of winter sports. AND, not to mention the wonders of warming your toes in front of the fire, and your insides with a cup of hot cocoa, or a nice coffee drink after playing in the snow. Building a fort and defending from the 8 foot snowman/monster that is approaching--firing my snowballs as rapidly as I can make them. Perhaps making a snow creature instead of a snowman. I know I'm partial to snow-dragons. Or riding down the ski hill as fast as I can on my skies, carving sharpe curves into the nearest black-diamond run I can find...or falling on my face, butt, knees, side, etc as I learn to snowboard--all the while enjoying the pure joy of the challenge, of trying something new, and of just being outside in winter.

So fall on your back, and make a snow angel as you stare up at the slowly dancing flakes and think of me, because I'll be here doing the same thing. If you don't have snow yet (or ever) I am sorry for you, for it is truely a grand experience!

And Katie, I'm saving a giant snowstorm just for us, so we can create said 8 foot snowman/monster, our fort and have our snowball war--complete with coffee drinks at Cafe Expresso afterwards!

No comments: