Monday, December 01, 2003

Turkey Day and a bad week

Ok, so I haven't written for a while. Not my fault (ok, it is, but I'm sure I can ameliorate the situation by writing a nice entry here).

To recap: Turkey time was last week, from Wed-SUnday for me. Go home, have time with family and friends, and food. The three F's, not including everyone's favorite four letter word for mishaps. I drove home Wed night, and then drove promptly to my aunt's condo in Door County. Thursday I watched the Packer's lose (man did that make for a grumpy thanksgiving dinner) and then ate food at about 3PM. We talked for abit, and then headed to my cousin Michael's for the other side of the family's dinner. At 6. Luckily I was smart and saved room! So I ate twice in 4 hours and was stuffed by the time I was done. Friday I spent in green bay, and had dinner at my aunt's house that night. There was a 2 foot fire on the salmon, but luckily for us ( I LOVE salmon) it was salvaged and was really yummy. Saturday I went climbing with Erin, Lance, Mo, and Mo's friend at Vertical Stronghold in Appleton. Good times were had by all, and that night I had dinner at my place with our neighbors (who moved, but will always be neighbors) Joe and Alma. They are in their late 70's, early 80's and they played grandparents to my bro and me since we were small. They are sooooo interesting and have great stories to tell. After they left, I brought my neighbor Al a thank you card and gift for helping me to fix my car when I was stranded a month ago. I ended up talking to him and Nancy (his wife) for about 1.5 hours. It was great, they are really interesting too. Sunday I went to church with my parents, and then ate dinner, took pictures of the car (I'll have them up on my website soon..just you wait), and drove back to my other home, here in the Cities.

This week is a kick in the ass for me. I'm reminded why I enjoy thanksgiving, and then regret enjoying it every year. Every year, I bring homework home to do. Every year, I do some, but not ALL of it. Every year, I regret not doing ALL of it. With only 2 weeks and finals after thanksgiving 'break', there isn't much time to finish all the papers, projects, homeworks, and studying needed. So yup, I have two weeks left as an undergrad student...plus finals. Assuming I'll pass all my classes (no worries there), I'll be a college grad before the month is out. Scary huh?!? So yeah....Welcome to the home stretch.

No comments: